My mother routinely sends me little care packages filled with random items (i.e. pez dispensers, photos, clothing, magazines, etc.). She recently sent me a book (oh no not another one) called The Narcissism Epidemic. It's basically about how our culture's view of itself is extremely inflated and we feel entitled to success whether we've earned it or not. It's incredibly eye opening and while reading it, Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" replays in my brain. Although I don't see my silly "tweets" or constant uploading of facebook photo albums slowing down any time soon, I will try to direct more of my energy towards other people instead of myself.
I follow this fantastic blog called Backyard Bill that "features stylish folks in their own clothes". Each post contains several beautiful photos of a person and then does a little q&a with them. I thought it would be kind of fun to take a page from his book and introduce those of you who follow my blog to the people who impact my life. I'll try to keep it style oriented, however, some of the most important people to me don't give a damn about that stuff. This little project will just sort of honor some amazing individuals, or serve as a constant reminder that I'll never be quite cool enough.
First up, let's take a gander at my little brother, and best friend,
Bradford Kent Folmar
Where did you grow up?
I was born in Ridgewood, NJ. Shortly after, in 1996, the family moved to St. Louis. In 2001, we headed east, once again, to Winchester, VA. I identify most with Winchester.
What's the soundtrack to your life?
The Band. I adore all 10 studio albums and 5 live albums. I've also been listening to a lot of funk and "new funk" lately. The New Mastersounds, Breakestra and Dumpstaphunk to name a few. Tunes like these really get me going and help me start the day.
What's your star sign?
Taurus
Who is your style icon?
Johnny Cash. The man was a badass, though I don't much prefer black.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'd like to work as a booking agent. I want to work solely with musicians; overseeing their careers and working as the middleman between major deals and the artist. Or work as a promotional executive for a big time concert promotion company. Maybe even own my own live music venue someday.







No comments:
Post a Comment