Monday, March 29, 2010

"The Killers"


Today the narcissist in me decided to begin a blog, or maybe I just needed to communicate through yet another social media outlet. Anyone who has ever met me knows that I have a lot to say, or that I just love to talk. Anyway, I'll get to the point of this first, epic posting: "The Killers". Honestly, I absolutely love them. Besides Brandon Flowers' adorable face and precise application of manliner, their lyrics are really good!

I think I've been having a tough time lately figuring out where it is exactly that I'm going with my life and my job and more importantly, what kind of person I want to become. Sitting at my girlfriend Jordan's bridal shower yesterday, we had to introduce ourselves to the guests and tell a little story about how we met Jordan. After announcing that it was my 23rd birthday and that I was one year closer to stretching out on the coroner's gurney, Marci's mother replied, "Oh when I was 23 I was already pregnant!". Well, FUCK that! I think that every birthday you celebrate after graduating from college brings a tremendous amount of pressure along with it. Why do I feel like I should have everything completely figured out? Or why am I so angry with myself because I'm stuck in a rut professionally? I'm only 23 after all! I'm not supposed to have my life "together". However, turning a year older did make me realize that if I am really dissatisfied with a certain aspect of my life, I should do something about it. As Brandon Flowers sang,

"I got the green light.
I got a little fight
I'm gonna turn this thing around."

So, I am, and I'm inviting you to come along with me.

2 comments:

  1. Yo Cuz!

    Do it! Change is good, but 23 is mad young (regardless of what overzealous baby-centric moms might insinuate) take it easy and enjoy!

    Much Love,

    Your soon to be equally screwed over Cousin Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat!

    HA! I love you. By the way, looked at a map of the Middle East today because, to be honest, I couldn't visualize in my mind where each country was specifically located. Noticed that Qatar is in the HEART of the region. DAYYYYUMMMM. God speed.

    Let's get together soon, seriously.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete