Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Auld Lang Syne"

As much as I enjoy watching Christmas Vacation on repeat, blasting Mariah Carey in my beetle and having a scapegoat for my glutony, the holidays can be awfully rough.  The period between Thanksgiving and New Years is jam packed with so much sentiment that, sometimes, I can barely stand it.  I'm not saying that I can even remotely identify with those scrooge-like people who have zero Christmas cheer.  I only mean that I'm already an overly emotional person, so by January 1st, I'm pretty worn out.  Plus, I've grown tired of it taking 45 minutes to find a parking space anywhere and every time I've gone to the post office this month (which has been often), there is always that one person talking loudly on his phone for everyone to hear and it's just very awkward.  The post office is always so quiet, kind of like a library, and I feel that this quiet should be respected.

Now onto matters of importance, such as, what the heck I'm going to wear on New Years Eve?!  Every year, this ensemble causes me stress and every year, I look back and wonder why I made such a fuss.  NYE is totally overrated.  I know this.  However, I still feel it neccesary to give the evening my most valiant effort.  Here are some of most midnight makeout worthy dresses that I've stumbled upon:

Haute Hippie at Shopbop
This dress is just so fun and playful. I adore the feathers, which reminds me, I'm getting feather extensions in my hair tomorrow!

 
Alice + Olivia at Saks

There's no such thing as too many sequins on the last night of the year.

Velvet Bodycon at Free People

Velvet is another wonderful option. 

Gucci Spring 2011 RTW

Jumpsuits were a big trend on the runways and could make for a really sexy nye outfit, especially if you want to stand out.


Decisions, Decisions.





1 comment:

  1. feather extensions? please tell me more-i found some i want too hahaha

    ReplyDelete