Sunday, December 26, 2010

"Everybody's getting younger. It's the end of an era, it's true"


Photo Cred: The Selvage Yard

New Year's resolution: commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous.

I've actually broken every New Year's resolution I've ever made.  Mostly because my resolutions are sort of ludicrous and I almost always give into temptation.  Last year I think I vowed to lose a million pounds, stop saying the fuck word in public and get a celebrity and/or professional athlete for a boyfriend.  Realistic is not normally in my vocabulary.  So, this year I've decided to make some resolutions that I might actually want to accomplish.

1.  Purchase a gun (aka have my father purchase a gun for me) and get my concealed weapons permit.  Maybe 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' has inspired me, or I've been an adult for over a year now and I figure it's about time for me to exercise my right to bear arms.

2.  Run another marathon.

3.  Visit a new city.  Whether it's New Orleans for Mardi Gras or Ad Doha to see my cousin Pat (I know I'd look fantastic in a burka), I'm going to broaden my horizons.

4.  Go to church regularly.

5.  Wear more red lip gloss.


2011 might just be the best year ever.

2 comments:

  1. I can help you with the last 3. We are going on a fun trip, come to church with me, and I will carry around red lip gloss with me in my ginormous bag for you at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gf, I can help you with almost all of those especially the last one! DUH! Yo lip gloss is poppin'!

    ReplyDelete