Monday, July 26, 2010

"Ain't rememberin' wonderful"

I really love to tell stories, especially those about myself. I don't feel badly saying this because I think that most people prefer to talk about themselves. I was thinking last night that no matter how many stories you tell someone else about your life and your experiences, they'll never truely know you. Likewise, you'll never really know anyone else either, which makes me feel kind of sad in a way.

Here are a couple of pictures taken one summer in Nantucket. My parents and their good friends used to vacation there and by default, my brother and I tagged along. We were the only kids, which was great for us because we didn't have to share the attention.

It's sort of wild how different life was when these photos were snapped (i.e. my outie belly button and my dad's brown hair). I think about all the things I've seen, places I've gone, and people I've met since I was that insane little girl, who tormented everyone in the vacation house.

Although I'm still very much insane, I've changed. I've lived in three different states, in three completely different parts of the country, and here I am again, about to build a life in a brand new place. I think it's important to constantly expose yourself to different things. I know that Nashville isn't exactly Nigeria, but it's an opportunity to evolve. Although I do plan on exploring different countries (the ball is already rolling on a trip to Italy and Qatar), I've hardly scratched the surface as far as my U.S. travels are concerned. I want to see my country first.

Wow, I feel like I just went off on a million different tangents, oh well, I'm too tired to edit this post for fluidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment