I haven't blogged in a while, but I've been in the middle of some serious soul searching and didn't want to break stride. I've also had to keep my life plans under wraps until I could give my job notice, which was probably the most difficult thing for me to do ever, because I really just looove a good secret. Having to resist the daily urge to run through the streets screaming,"I'M MOVING TO NASHVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!"
was actually a legitimate challenge.
So, that's the big news. I had an actual epiphany a few weeks ago while house hunting in Northern Virginia with my friend, Lauren. Although I loved the idea of living with one of my closest friends, I realized that I didn't love the idea of living in this area for another year of my life. I have no connection whatsoever with "NOVA" (ugh I even hate that acronym) and don't think that I really ever will. You have to be a certain kind of person, not a bad person by any means, but of a breed so completely opposite from my own, to really enjoy life in the DC area. I personally feel that it has no charm nor personality and sucks your soul, but hey, maybe I've had a different experience here than other people, or maybe I'm just sensitive, but then again, maybe not.
Since my senior year at VT, I've had a love affair with Nashville, but without a job/place to live/friends, I was hesitant to make the big move, so I put that pipe dream on the back burner. However, now that I've been a self proclamed "adult" for over a year now, I'm ready to throw caution to the wind and say "Fuck it!", toss my belongings into a Uhaul and head for Little Big Town, Tennessee. I know in my gut that this is exactly what I need to do right now, while I'm young and crazy, and I don't think I could have picked a better city to start a new life. I'm so excited for this next adventure!
Since my senior year at VT, I've had a love affair with Nashville, but without a job/place to live/friends, I was hesitant to make the big move, so I put that pipe dream on the back burner. However, now that I've been a self proclamed "adult" for over a year now, I'm ready to throw caution to the wind and say "Fuck it!", toss my belongings into a Uhaul and head for Little Big Town, Tennessee. I know in my gut that this is exactly what I need to do right now, while I'm young and crazy, and I don't think I could have picked a better city to start a new life. I'm so excited for this next adventure!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-M.T.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! You're coming down South! I'm so excited! I L-O-V-E Nash-vagas! I'm coming to visit and you should do the same here in Charleston!
ReplyDelete